19 martie 2010

Sky Command II, reloaded

So... Maybe you are familiar with the Sky Command concept.
As I don't have anymore the TS2000x in my shack, I was wondering if I can make something to use the TS-480 and the TM-D710 (I have two of them) for SkyCommand!



I already have a TM-D710 on my ARO and I also have a TH-D7 to use them as Commander.
The user manual, both on TS-2000 and TS-480 say that the SkyCommand will work with a TM-D700 as Transporter radio.
The challenge was to use as Transporter a TM-D710.
The TM-D700 use a DB9 connector for COM and the TM-D710 use a 8 pin Mini Din female connector.
I was searching everywhere for a connector between the D710 and TS-480 but I couldn't find a diagram.
So I started to experiment.
I will not bother your head with my various tests but I will give you the result:

The schematic diagram for this special cable!



WARNING: THE CONNECTOR IS VIEWED FROM THE SOLDER SIDE!

Prerequisites:
-1 DB9 Female (cable version);
-1 8pin Mini D, Male (cable version);
-about 30 cm of 5x0.3mm cable
-Steady hand and good eyes!


Niciun comentariu:

Most viewed posts in last 30 days