I was playing with a Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266 breakout board and somehow I screw it, leaving it into an undefined "load programm" state.
Tried to reflash it with NodeMCU formware programmer under Windows 7 environment but no success... The flashing stops somwhere around 4000 B upload and sent a failure message then stops.
The programmer was a FTDI USB to TTL programmer set on 3V logic.
After two days of wondering what is wrong and trying various combinations of hardware, I found a lot of comments somewhere about the same problem.
The solution is simple and involve a tweak on the COM port settings.
1. Go to DEVICE MANAGER and find the USB Serial Port under the PORTS.
2. Click right and select PROPERTIES.
3. Go to PORT SETTINGS tab then ADVANCED.
4. Set RECEIVE (BYTES) from 4096 to 512.
5. Click OK whenever is asked to get out from that settings.
6. Connect FTDI USB to TTL adapter set on 3V to the Adafruit Huzzah ESP8266 breakout board
7. Start NodeMCU formware programmer, go to ADVANCED, check for baudrate to be 115200, 4MByte, 80 MHz, DIo.
8. Go to CONFIG and load the proper bin.
9. On the ESP board, push GPI0 button, keep it pushed then push RESET. Release RESET then GPI0. The ESP8266 get into flashing mode.
9 Go to OPERATION and click FLASH. The window should populate with the MAC addresses of the ESP-12 board and the programm should start and the progress bar should advance. Slow but steady!
Most viewed posts in last 30 days
Icom programming Software GM-110SC rev.1.2. ex1725. IC-3FX 245MHZ THAILAND CB HANDY RADIO, EX2020 REV 1.0. IC-3FGX 80 CHANNELS 245MHZ THA...
Kenwood Programing Software FIRMWARE: KDS-100 504XXXXX 4A46 PTT ID Display feature 176.86 KB CURRENT 401XXXXX F7FC Corrects lock up wh...
Icom IC-7300 wide band modification by PA2DB: Remove bottom and find the diode matrix (near big chip) Open RX 0.030-74.8Mhz (REMOVE D...