22 martie 2014

First QSO with Codan-ICOM setup

Yesterday I (finally) received the Codan 9350 support plate. It's a little steel square able to keep the antenna vertical to work from portable setup.

Maybe you know that in this winter I made a cable adapter to connect Codan 9350 to Icom IC-7000 as a first step to a more complex mobile setup.
Well,  the first QSo was made!
The "winner" is UR4IO, Victor from Ukraine with a solid 9+ signal onto my Icom IC-7K in 18 MHz band at 16:15 LT.
My signal was (as reported) nice and strong, a "59" one!
Amazing!
I was so eager to make the first call that I forgot to record it!
But I manage to film this:


As you can see, the antenna is erected in my balcony and without counterpoise. I think it did a nice job in these conditions!

Now I am confident that I can use this setup in portable operations like YOFF, Romanian Fauna and Flora Programm or just fun from mobile. For that I have to complete my car workout...

73 de YO3HJV

Niciun comentariu:

Most viewed posts in last 30 days