30 iulie 2023

60m band in Romania

The 60m band (5 MHz) in Romania is available to YO radio amateurs under special authorization.


 

In the National Frequencies Allocation Table, we have from 5255 KHz to 5405 KHz but according to the Regulatory Authority (ANCOM) we must ask for a special permission which involve the OK from the Romanian Ministry of Defence.

For my surprise, after making the necessary paperwork, I received the special authorisation that allow me to transmitt only on a limited range, between 5360 KHz and 5366.5 KHz with a maximum power of 15W EIRP.
 

I contacted other hams in YO that are authorised to work in this band and all of them confirmed me that they also received their authorisation with the same band limits.

As a result, YO radio amateurs can only legally transmit in this frequency range.

Fortunately, there is no mode restrictions and we can use all modes here.
 

From time to time, I am calling CW on 5361 and 5362 KHz mostly to test the RBN reports.

 

73

2 comentarii:

PE4BAS, Bas spunea...

Is this a recent change? I worked YO stations on 5357KHZ FT8 last year. 73, Bas

YO3HJV, Adrian spunea...

Hi Bas, for 60m band, we must apply for special permit from MoD via ANCOM (civil comm authority). Then they issue a paper (Authorisation) in which the band limits are mandatory. Also the max EIRP. I talked with other hams from YO and all received the same frequency span. A few years ago, It was permitted experimental on all the band but not now.
73 de Adrian yo3hjv

Most viewed posts in last 30 days